wOrDs fROm ThE SoMnAmBuList

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Liver, Memory Lapses, and The Da Vinci code

The results were negative!

Thank goodness I don't have hepatitis. It turns out that I was already vaccinated of anti hepa churva when I was a kid, kaya malabo-labo na kong magkaroon nun. Although I'm not ill, my fatty liver still needs to be aided for a month, So that includes loosing weight and taking liver suppliments for me (sana magawa ko na ang pag-dadiet ngayon or else). As for smoking, I can now live a day without it, although there are still urges, the addiction to nicotine has lessened compared before (tuloy-tuloy na sana ang pagiging social-smoker ko, hehe).


I've been experiencing memory lapses lately...


I've read that these memory lapses are normal to old people, and as far as i can remember, hindi pa ko gurang.

My late grandfather died of Alzheimer's Disease, I used to think that my brother might inherit it since he thinks a lot and all (does that make any sense?), but now I'm thinking that maybe I might get it, but I'm still young, it's too damn early!

I guess walking into a room and can't remember why you went there, or keeping on thinking about something so you wouldn't forget it but still forget it, are normal to most people. But it's better to take precautions before things get worse, so my mom and I decided that I should take a Neuro test one of these days.

Napapalagi na ko sa medical city, hehehe!


Napanood ko na rin ang THE DA VINCI CODE.


The movie has its flaws(I don't want to start) pero hindi naman siya panget. I'm not really that disapointed like the others, I know right from the start that book adaptations can never be 100% like the book, but just serve as a perception of some people in how they see the book, I respect the da vinci code movie makers' interpretation of the book, it was good (not great, but good). Pero siguro, kung hindi ko narinig ung mga criticisms ng mga tao sa movie na ito before ko siya panoorin, mas magagandahan ako siguro.

The problem with films adapted from books is that it bounds our perception to the book, unlike when we read the book, our imagination sets no boundaries in how we perceive the story visually. We can also understand the story better in books because we can take our time comprehending the story and can always read the previous pages again if we can't put a finger on something (duh, everybody knows that!). Wala lang, bida-bida lang!


So that's just about it,

Just udpdating myself to what has been happening to me lately...

till next entry...


1 Comments:

Blogger jc said...

buti naman maganda results. well, nabasa ko rin yung previous posts. it's not that i can directly relate yung sa tuwing may sakit ka depressed ka and all, pero i know that feeling. i can't really explain how but i just know..:(

Saturday, May 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home