wOrDs fROm ThE SoMnAmBuList

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Salapuddin Blast

So I guess my 41 hrs of bumming and power naps in my OJT is not to be whine about after all...

At last it happened, and it's worth the wait...

Yes it just happened, a real ojt moment!

Since manpower is lacking in our little newsroom, my mentor assigned me to write a story(alone), it's about some former basilan rep involved in some blast. I thought it would be easy at first, since I've been collaborating with the other news writers in rummaging info from other news outfits and all (Oo, that's what they do here... well 50% lang naman, yung iba sariling sikap parin)...



So I thought I was done, since i thought it was very easy...

But when my mentor started to ask questions...

"How many were killed?... Sigurado ka ba sa info diyan, baka sobra mong ginaya, makulong ka niyan... huy... ilan na yung namatay... sino si Indama... ano file name ng article mo?"

I turned blank... now I know that copying news from other agencies is not that easy...

Damn, even the filename of my article, which is the name of the lead character in my story, slipped off my mind on the spot...

Salapuddin! Salapuddin ang pangalan niya!


"Huy Joanna! Ano na?"


"Po? Ano po? ahm... teka..."


I snapped!


It became so nerve-wracking...


yet so exciting!


Finally, something is happening in my ojt!


So since I know their PCs are very turtle-ish, i took my laptop without thinking, used their internet source, and surfed the net to answer my mentor's questions.


He edited my article as expected, and made me promise to never write a news article the way i just did: incomplete, uber short, and all that bullshit!

so yeah... I'll try to do better next time!


At least I've learned something today...


At Oo... exciting na yan sa lagay na yan!




I wish it would always be like this... kahit nakakakaba!


Well that's what happened in my ojt today...


Next week, I'll be attending a press conference... then hopefully, join another OJT for my other 100hrs; REUTERS baby! Can't wait!







Damn, I think I have to work on my grammar...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home