wOrDs fROm ThE SoMnAmBuList

Monday, April 10, 2006

LINGER

A monologue of a woman to the man she loves

I've been waiting here at the table, my dress all Glam, your food prepared, and my smile waiting for you.

But you were at her table, eating dinner and having fun, without even having thoughts on the glamorous dress that I'm wearing, or your favorite food that I've prepared, not even a tiny guilt on my smile that has been waiting for you ever since.

You were forever hers I know, but your presence, just your presence is all I need and is what I've always been longing for.

All my life I've caged myself to be with you, thinking that I belong to you, thinking that I could find happiness through you, It's love I suppose, If it wasn't love then I should have left a long time ago, instead of waiting here for you.

You said you'll be here, that's what keeps me on going you know, and that's what also makes me stupid, because I'm letting myself be inspired by your words that we both know were never true.

I've waited long, very long, so long that I just couldn't stop anymore. When will you come back?

I guess love could be so cruel sometimes, so cruel that it makes one feel so much tired of waiting but still, one just can't give up. Why is it like that? Is it because I've been waiting for such a long time that I can't stop?
All my life I've been waiting for happiness, now all I feel is pain but I can't stop anymore, I've been living my life this way for a long time that I don't want to know what will it be like when everything starts to change. Funny isn't it, that this painful feeling is what makes me alive, and perhaps, will make me lose my breath as well in time.

I guess nothing will change for I've decided that I just can't run away, give up, or be brave to go on. That's life I guess, or perhaps love, or maybe, it's just me.

Well, I'll just be here until the time of going home has arrived... me waiting here at the table, my dress all Glam, food prepared, and my smile waiting for you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home